Saturday, September 29, 2012

That crazy old door...

I've shared a pic of this door before, as I've worked on it here and there for awhile. I finally sanded enough that it got to a point that I liked (or I was just tired of sanding it!) and then I frosted the glass. This is the door that opens into the guest room/office so it needed frosting for privacy! Last week-end I propped it up here on this column so I could finish it up by putting 3 coats of polyurethane on it. I loved how it looked and couldn't wait to see it in the house.




Ben was really proud of the door and took this pic of me "because I did a good job."
























And then Monday came and with it came some strong winds. Robbie called and built it up so scary that I was relieved when he finally told me the news. "Lauren, I have some bad news. I think this might just ruin your day. I'm really sorry to have to tell you this..." When I started thinking the house was burnt to the ground and he told me instead that the wind had knocked over my door and shattered the glass I had to laugh.

So now I've got to take it to the glass shop in town but that is much, much better than a burned down house.

1 comment:

  1. i thought he was gonna say the door blew into the cow pasture or something crazy... new glass...ain't no thang.

    ReplyDelete