Friday, September 28, 2012

Another countertop!

Oh my gosh I love this thing. What seems like forever ago (but was just a couple of months or so) I picked this guy up at Habitat for Humanity. I was looking at some Quartz there that I was thinking about using in our Master Bath. The remnants of granite etc. there is only $7 a square foot and there was this shiny black beauty leaning against the wall. It was so hot outside and you couldn't even touch the black granite because it burned the skin! But I loved it. I grabbed the tape measure hoping that it would fit in my task area...and it did with literally a 1/4" to spare! To top it off, the warehouse guy took a liking to me and what was supposed to be a $65 piece of granite, he wrote up for 20 BUCKS. I drove home on top of the world.

I was so excited to show Brandon and he brought me back to reality a bit saying that it would cost us a bit to get it cut and polished. So it was a tad bit more than $20. Then he was concerned that I would even like it because I already had 2 other countertop materials going in that room (concrete and butcher block). I had a bit of a melt down and called my mom. She voted for the shiny black and I am so glad I listened to her. It adds such a bit of glamour to the room! It is gorgeous!!!




And to snaz it up even more I'm having a shiny piece of metal installed behind it for a magnetic board. Woo eeee!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Awesome find and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marble slabs Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete