Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's the last week of September!!!

Do you know what that means? That means that if my contractor is telling the truth, we will be moving into the house next month! what?!?! 

I'm not really all that inclined to believe him. I mean the house is looking great...but by no means is it near finishing. Maybe he means business though because he has had his entire crew over there this week and they are getting busy! He has two guys starting the exterior (woot!), two guys finishing the final installation of trim (finally!), two guys painting (still!), and two guys tiling, (wahoo!) It feels big time and every day walking in there I can hardly contain my excitement!

It's totally motivating me to get my butt in gear too. So, get ready for a stream of updates. There's a lot to catch you up on!

I went in today with the intention of photographing every room so you can see what the house looks like right now. As usual I got about 1/2 way through and then started chatting, answering questions, and gawking at the house and completely forgot the second 1/2. Oh well, it happens every time. :) Here's what I got:

The laundry room, (duh, 'cause it's the first room you walk into!):



The task area:


































The guest room/office:

The pantry:

The big dining room window (It got it's trim work! But you can hardly see it because I'm a terrible photographer.)
























And THAT is as far as I got! There were guys working in the rest of the rooms, and I was answering questions for Brandon, and I was rushing because I left all three kids in the van, and my honey walked in on his lunch break, and I was smiling because it all looked so good, and...well, I just forgot. :)

But, there are a ton of updates for you coming!

3 comments:

  1. SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to first photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 2nd photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 3rd photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 4th photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 5th photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to first photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 2nd photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 3rd photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 4th photo
    SHUTUPOHMYGODITSGORGEOUS. <- reaction to 5th photo

    i second leslie's.

    it is so incredibly amazing. i cannot wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there is absolutely NO way it is the same smokey house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is the biggest update yet! I hardly recognize the laundry room! can you hang artwork on the murphy bed when it is not in use? that would be cool

    ReplyDelete