Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another big purchase...

Did I mention that three weekends ago we went to the city and bought 3 appliances? Do you have any idea how expensive appliances are? Geesh.

We were sent to pick out at least our dishwasher and microwave so the guys could finish up the cabinet trim around these two areas. They needed to know the size etc. to make it look finished out. While we were there, we saw the amazing refrigerator I've been eyeing for months and it was on sale! I called Robbie and asked if he thought it would fit and we decided it would. We took the plunge and bought it. Well, they delivered it Monday and it is way too deep. It comes out so far that with the doors open they nearly touch the island! Oops! 

So, we have to somehow get back up to the city to exchange that...and you know the one we need will be twice as much. Grrrrrr.

Now I'm a little skittish about purchasing ANYthing! I hate shopping online when I can't touch the thing, or let's be honest, really see it at all. But I've been on the hunt for a looooooooong while now for the perfect rod iron bed for our bedroom. I love so many and because of that, I can never really make up my mind. But today in a fit of panic that I just NEED to start checking things off my list, I took the plunge.

Here's our new bed:





I hope I like it as much as I like it on the screen. I'm gonna do all white bedding and accent with quilts. There is a million beautiful sets of white bedding out there, but I'm kinda leaning towards this one...























Agh. All these decisions give me heartburn...

5 comments:

  1. Hi, friend!! Ok, I have to tell you, I've been reading this blog all summer and in my haste to get through all of the reading material I assign myself daily, have neglected to allot enough time to leave a comment. Shame on me. That STINKS about the fridge! I'm sure it's not as easy as wanting to return a pair of socks to the GAP down the street and I can't imagine the number of hours it would keep me up, so sorry!

    In the bed hunting dept as well. Firstly, I hate squeaky beds, but feel like such a perv testing bedframes to see how loud they'll be in the morning when Jamie rolls out before I'm ready to wake (bedframe salespeople all over seatlle are like, oh god, here comes that pervy sex-driven lady again...). Secondly, Is that duvet cover from West Elm? Last I checked there are these mini buttons holding together all of the gathers. I didn't see it whilst checking it out online, but in person, I was thrown off by them. Just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen!

    XO AND I LOVE THIS BLOGGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. suck-o about the fridge. we were pumped to have one here already, with an ice maker!!!! we did have to order the water filter online though. oh well. just get a bigger fridge/freezer for the laundry room/garage. I LOVE that bed!!!! i think if/when we make the attic into a master suite, we will get a king sized bed and have something like that!!! love the bedding, but i realized with 2 dogs and a boy in the house i cannot have white, which blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at this bedding (or similar) when we went all white! Anthro or restoration hardware? too expensive so we went with a duvet cover from good ol ikea =) Leon loves to get it dirty, but you don't like dogs so...(just kidding! just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it is washable. You will find that the oils from male hair and hands will stain the white a yellow over time where he pulls up the spread. If you have light pillow cases , you will see the difference between his and hers. A duvet cover is a nice idea - so much more washable. It helps to get the oil stains out to use the tide stain buster additive to the washer. Take a tape measure to the store and use it to measure the frig door open swing. We had to do that when we bought a frig because of the limited space by our frig. Limited our choices but we knew it would fit. We had to buy a double door top frig.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a similar duvet cover from anthro in yellow and i looooove it! adore your bed frame!

    ReplyDelete