Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cabinets get primed!

Last week they started priming the kitchen and laundry room cabinets. The kitchen looks so much bigger with white cabinetry! I think I am gonna love it!

























They could only do the top because they were working on fixing and stabilizing a few of the bottom cabinets. The cabinet under the sink was completely rotten out, the hole where the trash compactor was is gonna be a new wine rack built-in and some places needed to be reinforced because the concrete countertops are gonna be super heavy.























You can see in the pic above the bookshelf add-on to the end of the island...and of course the beautiful almost white cabinets!

Just check out this detail. Here's the awesome crown molding and cabinet molding on top and bottom of the soffet above the cabinets. I am so glad I decided to add that in.
























This is the cabinet that is to the right of the kitchen window. When we ripped out the recessed ceiling, there was molding that went across the top of the window. We had to hammer it out and it left the cabinets a bit damaged. Robbie to the rescue! He routered the edge of the cabinet, mudded the rest and with the addition of the cabinet molding you can't even tell at all! It looks perfect!




And the window sill! I love that it is squared off at the bottom with a sill that extends beyond the trim. Robbie and I had many conversations about this and he pulled it off exactly like I wanted it!
























And then just for fun, here's the task area 1/2 primed...


4 comments:

  1. There is no way that is the same kitchen.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I'm so impressed with all your ideas and how they are coming together. If someone told me to remodel a house exactly how I wanted it, I'm not sure I could even think of details like window sills and crown molding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly. your visions are amazing--i CANNOT wait to see the kitchen finished!

    ReplyDelete