Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Concrete Countertops Step 2

After the concrete board was placed the guys screwed the molds into the edge of the countertops, placed the wire and rebar in the mold and poured the concrete. It looked fabulous and I was so excited!

Laundry Room:


Kitchen:


Above you can see an up close pic of the black mold that forms the edge of the countertop. We decided to go ahead and do the breakfast bar in concrete, and then after I saw them installed I liked them so much I went ahead and had them install it in the master bath too!

Once the concrete is set, the black edge just POPPED off! Then they had to sand up the edges and seal it and it was done. The day that they had to seal it was a bit stressful for me. I wasn't sure if I wanted them to do it. I loved the look of the raw concrete and didn't really know how I felt about the shiny coat. Turns out, without the shiny coat, stains are really eminent. Even a water glass would leave a ring! So I went for it and I'm glad I did because they look amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment