Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The sofa


I dropped a sofa off at the reupholsterer  2 weeks ago. It was the tuxedo style couch in the dining room's sitting area. The fabric is a terrible printed velour and the cushions are in pretty bad shape. However I really love the clean lines and the size is just perfect. It's going to be rebuilt and covered in a ticking stripe canvas.
I found some fabric online and ordered it and it came in and was so thin you could see through it. I went back to the drawing boards and after searching stores and websites, I am waiting on my second order to come in. 
The best part of this whole process was when G. and I loaded it up into the truck to drive it over to Shawnee we found a completely intact, non-moldy dinner roll behind one of the cushions. I can tell you the last time we had dinner rolls at my grandmother's house was Thanksgiving 2001...AND this couch has been in a BARN for 10 months. So, that's disgusting. And hilarious. But mainly just disgusting.


2 comments:

  1. Does it smell? Thats reallyfunny about the roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've held my tongue for 30 years! I hate moldy dinner rolls!

    ReplyDelete