Thursday, August 2, 2012

SANDBLAST!

This was one of my favorite days of reno yet! I was so excited to see the fireplace get sandblasted. It had the grossest yellowy glaze covering the stones from years of smoke and we weren't even sure if the sandblasting would remove it. I was hopeful, because it was really our only option other than tiling over it and I didn't want to lose the rustic look of the stones. 

The guys had been waiting on the machine to be ready to rent...but it was taking too long. They finally found another one at a different place and were set to sandblast the Friday before the 4th!

Mimi and G. and I stopped by to watch before we all headed to the lakehouse!


One last before picture of the yucky yellow shine:


Ryan was the lucky one who got to don the suit on this triple digit day. It was rigged with A/C inside the helmet but they couldn't get it to work. Poor guy. The other guys were anxious to head out for lunch and I couldn't understand why they didn't want to stay and watch. But then, the sand started spraying and I quickly understood!


This was after just a couple of seconds...

It was SO messy and SO loud! I couldn't believe it. I watched for just a minute or two and then saved myself. Brandon wasn't so lucky.

And check out the difference!!!

Remember the yellow? Now it just looks like natural stone again and I love it!





1 comment:

  1. so beautiful! I can already picture how pretty it will look at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete