Sunday, August 26, 2012

Laundry Room Built-ins

 The carpenter has been very busy lately and I have to say I couldn't be happier with his hard work.

One of the things I was so excited about was all the built-ins that we were adding. I really felt like these would make the house feel more like our own if we could add in a few things architecturally that weren't there before. Plus, who doesn't LOVE built-ins?

I met with Brandon and Neil a few weeks ago on a week-end to discuss my vision. The list was fairly long: laundry room cubby/locker style unit, window seat and 2 china cabinets in the dining room, media cabinet next to the fireplace, a short bookcase extension to the island in the kitchen, AND wall to wall bookcases with a murphy bed in the office. Neil didn't even blink. I liked him immediately!

He built all the units at his shop in Shawnee and then brought them over to install and trim out. The first one he brought was the laundry room and WOW. I was impressed. It looked exactly like I had described to him...maybe even better!


























I love the detail of the baseboard wrapping around and the crown molding on the top. I love the little seat that extends out a bit so you can sit to put on or take off shoes. And I love that each kid has a place to drop off all their junk! Yes, I realize that we can't have any more kids! This built-in is like birth control at it's best! :)

The boys love it because they say it feels like a locker room. They want to bring in their basketball hoops and have the laundry room be a basketball gym. It is definitely long enough to be one!

It just looks so pretty!





























No comments:

Post a Comment