Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not really what I signed up for...

Yesterday I took my mama over to see the house. She hadn't been there in a while and I was so excited to show her the trim work and built-ins.

When we got to the dining room, the lid on the new window seat was lifted so I walked over to lower it down and when I did I saw a TARANTULA sunning himself!!!!!


Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap. I screamed, cried, and somehow managed to NOT drop Genevieve while my crazy mama went over to check him out. Ew.


She didn't want to kill it (because she is crazy) and I certainly didn't want to watch her kill it or trap it. She found a big metal tray to place over it until the guys could dispose of it (however they saw fit) the next day.


I sent them a text with a pic warning them of what they were coming to work to the next day and Robbie joked that now he had something to eat with his sandwich. Yuck. When I told Brad, he was quick to remind me that they travel in herds.

Geesh. I can handle a lot, but tarantulas? I might need to reconsider this whole country livin' thing!

1 comment: