Friday, August 3, 2012

Office door

In an effort to add a little interest, I am foregoing a new door on the office/guest room and instead installing this old beauty:



































My mom has several old doors from an old building in downtown. They were remodeling or emptying it or something and somehow she found out and went down there. They gave her all the old doors and windows and they've been hanging out in one of the barns for years. Because they were old, they were very odd measurements, and this is the only one that would fit anywhere. It is pretty awesome.





































I've been sanding and sanding and can't decide when to stop! I want it to have that perfectly aged look but I don't want to go too far. You know?

Then I will frost the glass, shine the knobs, have the guys install it and then open it up for you to come stay!

1 comment: