Friday, February 24, 2012

No way am I doing this alone...

Designing this house is turning out to be so much fun! I have dreamed of it for over a year and have made lots of design decisions usually in the middle of those no-sleep nights.

But, I do have so many creative friends, and I really want to use their talents too!

My best friend Melissa was here in January to help me after G. was born. It was imperative that she see the house because she will be so much help to me on this journey. We drove down for the day just so she could walk through and start thinking about the re-design. Even in just the short time she was there, she already had come up with so many good ideas and had me changing my design plan!

The best part about her trip to see the house was how she dealt with Kathy...the friend of Uncle Ronnie's who was still staying in the house. When we were there, Kathy locked herself in the Master Bedroom as a  rude gesture to make us feel unwelcome. I tend to be timid and meek in those type of situations and told Lis that I would just send her some pics of the Master Bed and Bath. She was having none of that. She had flown all the way from Phoenix and by golly she is my best friend and is gonna see my bedroom!
She kindly knocked on the door and then waltzed in like we owned the place (which we do.) It made me love her even more than I already do. I know she will be such great help throughout this process...both with ideas and with SUPPORT!

Micca and Josh came to help us move stuff and Micca was able to give lots of really good input too. She's already sent me many texts and emails with ideas! And Katie and I made a day of it by driving down to see the house and take the kids to the Children's Museum.  I am so lucky to have these three girls and their talents. Plus I really wanted them to see the before in person! It is just going to be so shocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment