Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bye-Bye Wallpaper


Our only objective last week-end was to get the house empty. When Steve called on Friday and told me he really thought we could get it empty by Sunday I was floored! What I thought would be an auction 6 weeks away was now getting done for cheaper in only 2 weeks. 

Brad and I wanted to help and like I said, we were hoping to only get the house empty...nothing else.

Well, it all started Saturday afternoon. Steve and Melissa's youngest, Trevor whispered to his mom..."I just want to pull that piece of wallpaper down so bad." Now, the wallpaper is literally hanging off the walls in parts, so the temptation is definitely there. Melissa said, "Don't do it" but he did it anyway. She came and told me to tease him about it so I walked into the dining room, looked at the entryway where all the guys were and said, "Oh NO! Who pulled off my wallpaper? I was gonna keep that!" Poor Trevor. His mouth dropped and I swear he almost cried. His big brother totally ratted him out too by pointing to him saying, "He did it." I quickly told him I was kidding and that his mama made me do it and we all laughed. 

But then we all were tempted. And we all started pulling it off. And well then, we just couldn't stop. It was like peeling off sunburn skin. It was SO FUN.

It came off like no wall paper ever has in the history of wallpaper. You could literally start a piece and pull the entire panel off keeping it in tact. Man, it was fun. And FAST.

So, we got all the wallpaper off in the dining room, entry way, and hallway in about an hour. Seriously.













































































And it already looks SO much better! I saved a piece of each to frame or something so we can always remember the lovely gold, chocolate brown, and powder blue VELVET walls.

3 comments:

  1. what makes the wall that color? glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! you guys are moving so quickly. At this rate, you'll be ready to move-in in April!

    ReplyDelete