Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The "nice" carpet.

When we were tearing out the carpet two week-ends ago, the boys came over to check out our progress. They already know which room is theirs and they like to check on it when they are there. The first time they saw it and found out the room "assignments" Ben got really excited and said, "Desmond, look! When we wake up in the morning, we just walk right over here and here is baby sis' room!"

So, when they saw us tearing out the carpet, Ben got concerned. "Are you going to put something new on the floor?" I tried to explain how there would be beautiful new wood floors and he would get a nice, soft rug, but he wasn't having it. "But Mama, I want to keep this carpet! I like the brown and I think it looks real nice."

After I threw up in my mouth a little thinking of him and Desmond rolling around playing on it, I told him sorry, but it was going.

"Well, that's ok. Now I can get orange carpet with red spots on it."

It will go perfect with the walls he wants to paint red and orange! (With all of his stuff on the orange side of course.)


No comments:

Post a Comment