Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tile!


I've been on the hunt for tile...and what a hunt it is! I was telling my cousin on the phone today, planning a house is so fun and easy until you are REALLY planning a house. It is still super fun, but NOT easy. For me, when I dream about a house I think, "Oh, I'll do this and this and this." But now that I really have to make a decision I worry that I might pick the wrong thing! I am SO indecisive!

We need tile for:
1. Hall bath and guest bath floors
2. Hall bath and guest bath shower walls
3. Hall bath and guest bath shower floors
4. Master bath around the tub
5. The kitchen backsplash
6. The laundry room backsplash

And that's it! So simple right? Uh, no.

Here's a few of the things I've seen that I've liked. Feel free to weigh in! :)


A pretty "linen-y" looking porcelain tile. It's big (12x24). Would be pretty for either around the master tub, on the bathroom floors or in the showers. And man. The price is right!





Oh my gosh. I love these little marble tiles. They are in the style of subway tile but smaller. And so pretty. I actually like the one below a bit better than this one. It's almost twice as much but has much less brown in it. 





Pretty marble brick-style tiles. Would be pretty anywhere we need tile but especially as a backsplash or shower walls.





I love this. It reminds of the rocks I've seen on the Oregon coast (only flat!). This will for sure be the shower floors. Oh! Decision two! Check! :)




I'm pretty sure I've ruled out subway tile. It's inexpensive and I like it, I just seem to like other styles more. We'll see. I took this pic because I liked how they did the floor baseboard with tile.





Love this tile. It's a 12x12 marble and only 3.50 a square foot. My momma has it in her shower and on her bathroom floor and it looks great. I was thinking possibly doing the same. Bathroom floors and shower walls and even taking it up onto the ceiling in the shower.

Backsplashes have me stumped. I know for sure I want to do brick on the kitchen backsplash and paint it white. Just like this:
Oh my gosh. That was decision #3. See!? This blog is really helping me figure this all out! :)
I love the brick backsplash. This company doesn't have a retailer here in Oklahoma so I think we will have to just get regular brick tiles and paint them white? But that will be in the kitchen. 

For the laundry room I can't decide if I should do the same brick, or do something completely different. I could bring in some color with the backsplash, but that really isn't my taste. 

Stay tuned for more tile! 



No comments:

Post a Comment