Sunday, March 4, 2012

Light Fixture

This is the light hanging in the guest bath. There are two more just like this in the hall bath, only they have different glass globes on them. 

I have never seen anything quite like them.

(Pardon the burned out light bulb. 80% of the bulbs in the house are out!)


Here you can kind of see the ones in the hall bath...
So, I LOVE the glass globes on these things. Esp. this one.

























I think they are gorgeous. So intricate and delicate. However, I'm not crazy about the chain and the way they swag over to each side. I'm wondering if there is a way to let one hang down like a pendent and then swag just one side so they are hanging more like a grouping? Or I'm wondering if there is way to buy a light kit and make them into pendants? I could have two pendants in this style and four in the other clear glass style. Either way, I really want to find a way to use these fixtures. I think they are just so pretty.

2 comments:

  1. i'm 99% sure you can buy an inexpensive (maybe even ikea) pendant kit to replace the chain and ceiling attachment - you may need a medallion or other cover depending on the hole - and use those globes. it would be so easy and a great way to keep the nice old and rid of the gross old. just make sure the hole isn't too large or small!

    we had a few of these type situations in our house, especially in the bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think you should reuse some of these, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete