Monday, March 12, 2012

Lights!

So, I mentioned that I found lots o' lights at Lowe's that I liked. I was very impressed with their selection and their prices were super reasonable. Maybe their manager will read this blog and give me a kickback...doubtful. But I'll still probably be buying some of these.

I saw a light very similar to this one in a catalog. I LOVE the shape and size of this glass orb...Can't figure out a single place in the house I could put it though. :(







































I love this pretty, delicately detailed milk glass flushmount. I'm thinking this would look pretty in the entry though I was hoping for something a little more dramatic there. So maybe the hallway? Or the office overhead?







































Oh my gosh this is one of my most favorite lights ever. Seriously, ever. And only 45 dollars! I will definitely have some of these. Maybe over the kitchen sink? Or the task area? I LOVE them.













































I'm not crazy about this simple black chandelier, but I thought it would be a nice back-up for over the dining room table if I couldn't find anything better (read: something we could afford!) $69 is super affordable but you'd have to count the 6 shades you'd need to buy.






































This one might be hard t see, but it is that square, clear glass flushmount in the middle. I liked the detail on the glass and the uncommon shape. It definitely has a vintage feel too it and I'm pretty sure it was like $20. A definite maybe.







































We are installing like 12 sconces throughout the house. (2 in the office, 2 in the living room, 2 in the dining room, 2 in the entry and maybe some in the hall and master bath) I have scoured the internet for these and all I've found have been either ugly, boring, or SO FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE. I hate every "bathroom" sconce I've seen so I'll probably go with the same thing in the bathrooms as I use in the other rooms. We'll see. I did like this pretty white scrolly one:







































It may be too victorian, or it may look pretty in some of the rooms? Also, see this next bad girl for $17? Love him. I tend to be a more plain jane when it comes to sconces and this is by far the cheapest plain gal I've found. (By like $100). I love that I could use an old globe on her and maybe even turn her upside down for a different look all together...










































This was another one I found photo-worthy, though I think I was more in love with the price than the actual light. SIX BUCKS? Are you kidding? I'm not sure I even really like it though I could see it looking pretty cute in the bathrooms I have planned!






See that cute little yellowish gal in the middle? I love her. She is only $14 and she so reminds me of the lights my ma has in her little bath. I think these might look cute in the hall bath if I had three (light, mirror, light, mirror, light). They look old and unique.






































Ok. Last sconce. There are two in this pic that I really like. They are the same, but one has one arm, and one has two arms. See them? Around $35 and they come with that pretty linen shade. I could definitely see these in the living room.





































There were also some super cute pendants. I loved this shiny metal one...maybe over the office desk in front of the window?





































And what about this one? Though I can't decide if it is farmhouse chic or nautical chic. Why can I confuse those?








































And lastly the vanities. I will admit that these are my least favorite kind of light fixture and I will do everything in my power to avoid them if I can. I would much rather have pendants or sconces or even chandeliers in the bath, but I looked just in case...



Here's a 3 or 4 arm that isn't terrible. I think I would have to change the glass though...


































But I think the fewer the arms the better, so what about that two arm down there? It has one light on, one light off (which is hopefully not what it's supposed to look like!) :)





































Productive right? Now I can continue to look without fear because now I know there are some affordable alternatives that I could definitely live with!

3 comments:

  1. the top orb could be in the entry way or in the guest bath or over the kitchen sink? i love it! i was the $17 sconce, i like the one that's like the one in judy's bathroom too... don't go $$$, if you had to make the $6 one work i know you could, but i hate it. look at habitat for humanity ReStore (if yall have one) they have lots of stuff that is generally cheap-o!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lowe's is the BEST for lighting! your new home is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lowes manager is my neighbor ha

    ReplyDelete