Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cabinet Hardware



Remember those darn hinges? Well that wasn't the end! I still had over 100 handles and probably close to 50 electrical plates to clean and paint and paint and paint and poly! It's been a long process, but I still think it is worth the savings. Plus, it's fun using something old in a new way. I think it will give the house character.

Here's the line of the some of the handles for the drawers and cabinets and a few more hinges. When Robbie was re-hanging the painted cabinet doors, he called me in a panic because there were 9 doors missing! I had a dreadful fear that they had been thrown out accidentally. I rounded up the kids and dashed over there seeing that it was 9 of the doors in the laundry room. Uncle Ronnie had taken these off long ago to store his books there and we had the doors in one of the closets. I still was worried that they somehow found their way into the dumpster but then we found them hidden away in one of the closets in the garage! Whew! This meant that Robbie and Arnaldo had to spend two more days sanding and prepping and priming and painting nine more doors...and I had 9 more hinges to paint. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment