Sunday, November 4, 2012

Butcher Block

Things around here are crazy! It's Sunday night and we just spent the week-end house-sitting for my parents while they were in Vegas. They didn't really need house-sitters, but we wanted to stay there to be that much closer to the house so we could complete some of our to-do list. If the date holds, we should be able to MOVE IN this coming week-end so we had LOTS to do. Brad finished the dining room table and it is perfect and beautiful. I painted the light switch and outlet plates, put coat 5 and 6 on the silly storm door and put 4 coats of chalkboard paint on the kids' closet doors. I also touched up the pantry door and looked for some hardware online. There is still quite a bit to do but in less than a week we could be moving in! It's totally blowing my mind. 

I have a slew of photos from week before last that I want to share. Then I will get some new ones of everything the guys got accomplished last week...which was a LOT!

First of all, check out my butcher block.

























I am so in love with it. Plus it is very special to me because we got it from my late Uncle Brad's wood company, Phoenix Hardwoods in Oklahoma City. When I called up and talked to Casey, I told him who I was and I've never been treated better by anyone, anywhere. This is just one of the many things that will always make me think of my crazy, beloved uncle. Some other things? 1/2 of the marble tile in the kids' shower, the HUGE plants that will go on the back porch and some very special furniture that we inherited...oh and every time Brad mows on that awesome mower! :)

I had the guys stain it with 2 coats of burnished walnut oil stain from Sherwin Williams and then top it with several coats of butcher block food safe oil. I doubt I will ever cut on it because it is just too pretty!

1 comment:

  1. seriously!!!! amazing!!!! i forgot you got all those plants :).... I can't wait to see everything!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete