Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rental

We were seriously cutting it close with finding a rental. I kept jokingly telling everyone we were homeless, but really we were about to be. Ever since our house sold so quickly, we have been in kind of a shocked state thinking about what to do until our new house is ready. We really had no expectation that this would happen as we really though our house would still be on the market come October. Thank goodness it won't be but finding a very short term housing option isn't exactly easy in a town of 5,000. But after we searched the Internet, met with 3 realtors, asked around, drove around, toyed with the idea of living in a camper, looked at surrounding towns and even started the process of buying a foreclosure, we still hadn't solved the problem of where to live come June 18th! We had decided we'd have to spend the summer at the lake house until we could find something and them out of the blue the most perfect solution literally fell in our lap. I called my dad's closer at the office to ask her to keep her ears out. Five minutes later she calls me back to tell me that my dad's secretary is moving out of her rental THAT Friday! As in the DAY before we needed it! I asked if we could come see it, and it was absolutely perfect. She has kept it so clean and so nice and it could not be a better deal. And get this...it is .3 miles from the farm. Yep. POINT 3. And even better, the landlord is a friend of mine and he is giving us an awesome price, no deposit, AND month to month lease.
I know. It could not be better. And all of this just happened the week before we were gonna be homeless. It's crazy. I keep telling my mama, "I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop" because all of this change has happened in the most incredible time frame...new house, new job, sold house, perfect rental. It's all too good to be true.
We'll be there today!

1 comment:

  1. you guys deserve every bit of this - no other shoe will drop! how perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete