Sunday, June 24, 2012

My first auction!

My grandma Edna Mae's best friend Daphine passed away recently and her family was holding an auction at her house. Daphine was like family to us. She was at most family gatherings, holiday celebrations and was a member of our tiny Presbyterian church growing up.
I really wanted to go to the auction and planned on getting one or two things to remember her by.
Well, I came home with a truck load!!!
I had never been to an auction and had so much fun! Her house is just across the street from the rental, so super close to the farm. On the day of brad, g and I walked over at 9:30 and got our bidder #. Then I stayed all day! Brad and my mama came and went with the baby and I stayed watching the fun. There was a food truck and I hung out in my tailgate chair under the big oak tree bidding away!

Just a few of the things I got...

My very first item ever bought at an auction...a $2 glass pitcher:



Six sets of antique floral sheets!!!



A couple of "variety boxes". On one we wanted a pair of s&p shakers and got stuck with a box. Then on another I wanted the stainless steel bowls an got stuck with all of this:



This side table was like $3 bucks:



These lamps were $5 each. I thought ma might want them or the lake but she doesn't. Any takers?



Now these chairs!!! These were the one thing I really really wanted and had to wait around for all day. They are gorgeous!!! The upholstery is in perfect condition and they are gonna look perfect facing each other next to the sofa in the little sitting area of the dining room. I thought I was getting off so lucky when I won the bid at $80...but they meant EACH! Oh well, I really wanted them!


Brad finally drug me away at 2:30 but I had such a fun time! Thanks Mama for coming with me!!!

1 comment:

  1. dude, score!!!! this is when i wished i lived in OK, to be able to do this stuff with you. you're such a cool cousin.

    ReplyDelete