Thursday, April 18, 2013

The orchard.


I wasn't really that confident when we put in our orchard...but it was the very first thing I wanted to do when we decided to move back to the farm. I knew it would take 4-5 years for the trees to fruit and well, I'm not all that patient. So, we put the trees in last year before we had even moved to Seminole. We lost about 5 trees after our first winter, but all of them never really looked alive to begin with so it wasn't really our fault. :) Those have been replaced and now all 24 fruit trees are alive, blooming, and beautiful. We have peaches, plums, cherries, apricots, apples and pears. Over spring break we irrigated it ourselves, re-mulched it and then added the hand-painted barnwood signs to make it complete. I love that this is what I see every time I'm outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment